Ph. D., Professor, Principal Investigator
Dr. Wu has conducted research on development of germ cells in University of Utah, Temple University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2004-Present) as a Research Fellow, Associate Scientist and Professor, respectively. She has published over 50 scientific articles. Dr. Wu serves as an Editorial Board member and Guest Editor for Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, etc. Her research finding has been nominated as one of Chinese Universities' Top Ten Achievements in Science and Technology by Ministry of Education in 2009.
Molecular biology of reproduction and reproductive medicine; Biology of germline stem cells.
1. Zhang Y#.., Yang Z#.., Yang Y#., Wang S#.., Shi L., Xie W., Sun K., Zou K., Wang L., Xiong J., Xiang J, Wu J.* Production of transgenic mice by random recombination of targeted genes in female germline stem cells. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology 2011; 3: 132-141
2. Zou K, Hou L., Sun K., Xie W., Wu J.* Improved Efficiency of Female Germline Stem Cell Purification Using Fragilis-Based Magnetic Bead Sorting. Stem Cells and Development; 2011; 20: 2197-2204
3. Xiong J#., Wang H#., Guo G., Wang S., He L*., Chen H*., Wu J.*. Male Germ Cell Apoptosis and Epigenetic Histone Modification Induced by Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F. PLoS ONE 2011; 6: e20751
4. Zou K, Yuan Z, Yang Z, Luo H, Sun K, Zhou L, Xiang J, Shi L, Yu Q, Zhang Y, Hou R, Wu J.* Production of offspring from a germline stem cell line derived from ovaries. Nature Cell Biology 2009; 11: 631-636 (Table of Contents Cover Story).
5. Yuan Z., Hou R., Wu J. * Generation of mice by transplantation of an adult spermatogonial cell line after cryopreservation. Cell proliferation 2009; 42: 123-131.
6. Zhang Y., Wu J. * Molecular cloning and characterization of a new gene, Oocyte- G1. J cell Physiol 2009; 218: 75-83 (Cover Story).
7. Wu J. *, Zhang Y., Tian G.G., Zou K., Lee C.M., Yu Q., Yuan Z. Short-type PB-cadherin promotes self-renewal of spermatogonial stem cells via multiple signaling pathways. Cell Signal. 2008; 20:1052-1060.
# Contributed equally to the paper * Corresponding author