Dr. Li joined Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2004 as a professor in genetics. As a developmental biologist with membership of both Genetic Society of America and American Society for Developmental Biology, Prof. Li was elected into board of directors for Chinese Society of Cell Biology in 2007, and sits on the editorial board for Chinese Journal of Cell Biology. The current research is supported by grants from NSFC and Shanghai Municipal Natural Science Foundation.
Genetic control and epigenetic regulation of development of the stem cells and the relevant cell lineages in Drosophila melanogaster; Identify identificate and characterize the novel regulators of JNK signaling in development.
1. Li Q, Feng S, Yu L, Zhao G, Li M*. Requirements of Lgl in cell differentiation and motility during drosophila ovarian follicular epithelium morphogenesis. Fly. 2011. 5: 81-87.
2. Zhu M, Xin T, Weng S, Gao Y, Zhang Y, Li Q, Li M*. Activation of JNK signaling links lgl mutations to disruption of the cell polarity and epithelial organization in Drosophila imaginal discs. Cell Res. 2010. 20(2):242-5.
3. Li Q, Shen L, Xin T, Xiang W, Chen W, Gao Y, Zhu M, Yu L, Li M*. Role of Scrib and Dlg in anterior-posterior patterning of the follicular epithelium during Drosophila oogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2009. 9: 60 (1-15)
4. Li Q, Xin T, Chen W, Zhu M, Li M*. Lethal(2)giant larvae is required in the follicle cells for formation of the initial AP asymmetry and the oocyte polarity during Drosophila oogenesis. Cell Res. 2008. 18(3):372-84. (This paper is the cover story on the issue)
5. Miles WO, Jaffray E, Campbell SG, Takeda S, Bayston LG, Basu SP, Li M, Raftery LA, Ashe MP, Hay RT, Ashe HL. Medea SUMOylation restricts the signaling range of the Dpp morphogen in the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 2008. 22(18):2578-90.